Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 19, 2005, 6:56 AM   #1

i have narrowed down to my choices of the canon sd400 , the sony dsc p200 (7.2 megapixel) and the kodak v550.

i was looking for a camera that is handy and gives me good picture quality in the auto mode. i dont play around much with the manual controls.

which one should i buy out of the three?
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:41 AM   #2

Out of those, I'd probably say the Kodak from the research I did a couple of weeks ago. However I would recommend the Casio Z750 instead. It's also 7.1 mega pixels but has so many features and options.

In particular the Casio is good for non-manual control people as it has a huge selection of 'best shot' presets such as 'flower', 'landscape' etc, which makes things very easy.
spacedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3

Kodak v550 also has 19 picture modes. And it's got a German Schneider lens. Plus it can take mpeg-4 movies while optically zooming them.

I doubt if the 99 picture modes of z750 is really useful or not (too many more than enough for practical usages, and it would only confuse the users). And it's lens (made by Casio own) are rather poor in resolution by many reviews, and some even reveal it's "purple fringe" problem, that may manifest itself as unwanted "rainbow ripples" in video of densely black/white stripes. Plus it cannot video optical zoom.

Or if you like the Casio brand, you may consider the newer S500, but I am not sure if the above problems has been fixed or not.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:16 PM   #4

I also nedd of a digicam compact and easy to use.
But the Casio digicam, for some review, have a very bad image quality.
I like Fuji F455 but also its image quality isn't great...

Under the image quality it seems that Sony make very good things but for compactness and style are not so nice...
Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote