Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 29, 2005, 12:36 AM   #1

Okay well... I had a Casio Ex-z55 5mp digital camera for about 7 months... took around 7000 pictures with it. I gotta say, this is one of the coolest cameras out there!... But I broke it, flew out of my hands and smashed the lens into the wall, it still works... I can review pictures, view videos, make html galleries, crop... and a few other things with it besides take pictures and videos because the lens is jammed. Yes I have tried to fix the lens, its not gonna work, some gears are stripped and screwed up.*

I was looking at some cameras in compUSA and I though, heck im so use to the casio's freaking cool software features and performance, I gotta get another one. So I found these two... the Ex-X750 7mp, pretty much a newer version of the one I had before but with quicker controls, added an option for manual Exposure control (60 - 1/2000th /second) compared the the Ex-Z55's automatic maximum of 4 seconds... the EX-Z750 also added an EX button for very quick custom pictures on the fly... just a really easy and quick way of taking manual setting snapshots. The EX-z750 has added a big difference to video mode, and I mean, big difference... VGA 640x480 30FPS video... I found a sample on google somewhere and was freakin amazed by it, reminded me pretty much of what a standard DV camera can do. . . simply cool. This camera also has an AutoFocus assistant lamp for low light focusing. Here is Steve's review here >>> EX-Z750*

The other camera I am looking at is a bit more of a professional type... I am very into taking pictures... both quick and simple and sometimes I try to make them look as professional as possible. Its the EX-P700 7mp Professional - type Exilim camera. It has the 4x Canon lens compared to the 3x on the EX-Z750. It has mostly the same software with a few more options, on screen guides, and it also has a PC-data plug for external flashes and strobes. It does not have the high quality video feature, just the standard AVI video like most cameras and it does not have an AF assist lamp... It does have a few more features though... the review for this camera is here EX-P700 Review*

Let me know what you think please!... Thanks..*

stevey500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links