Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:54 AM   #1

Hello, a students union is looking to get a P&S for everyday use, what is need from it includes;

What is needed with this camera is a high-megapixel count, as it will be used for pictures in press releases. Simplicity, as the person taking the pictures 90% of the time will not have a clue about photography. A decent built in flash, and slightly rugged, as it will be used for a lot of student events.

All of this plus a low cost, if it is possible.

Please help. This camera needs to be bought very soon as the old Nikon 2mp, is dead and was no use for press releases either.

Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2005, 12:18 PM   #2

I would and will recommend the Fuji F10. Why? It's small, lightweight, takes beautiful photos for a small point and shoot. It also has incredible (for a P&S camera) low light photo taking ISO ability. Meaning... in low light or no light at times, you will get a decent photo instead of no photo, or harsh flash.

Goto the reviews section here, or at http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ fore more info. Check out the samples, and what the reviews say. Trust the reviews they are professionals, as I am.

I work for mycollege's yearbook dept, as the assistment editor, and photographer. I own a Canon Digital Rebel and I'm getting a Rebel XT soon. Good luck and let me know if I can help out in any other way.

-tlmiller10 aka Tim
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:19 PM   #3

You might also keep in mind that by using the extended high ISO range (up to 1600 ISO) that the flash range of the on camera flash on the Fuji F-10 can be extended to 24 feet.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote