Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:02 AM   #1

I am soon to be off, literally traveling around the world, backpacking throughout Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand. I am in the market for a new digital camara, I currently have a Nikon Coolpix 4300.

After this trip I am going to photography school, so I am serious about photography. I have narrowed down my selection to the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ5 and Kodak EasyShare Z740. But cannot decide b/w the two.

I plan on taking pictures of people, landscape, toursit attrations, etc...

Can anyone help me in my decision...

much appreicated,

melanie :?
shutterbug212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:38 PM   #2

Hi Shutterbug,

I cannot speak about the Kodak Z740 because I have never handled one. I do own the FZ5 and I love it. I thoroughly researched the three big 12x cameras: Canon S2SI, Sony H1 and the FZ5/FZ20.I found theS2 a little too bulky/heavy; I did not want to purchase Memory Sticks for the Sony, soI chose the FZ5 for its compact portability, Leica lens, speed, image quality, ease of use, great battery life, use of SD cards and its PRICE! I paid $382.00 at 6ave.com, but right now it is even less - around $364.00 + .06 shipping, I think. I had a great experience with them.

As always, you must decide what you want most in a camera. There will always be trade-offs since no camera is perfect. I'd love to know what you finally choose and why.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote