Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:17 AM   #1

I'm just starting out in photography and am still reeling from all the technical terms such as noise, ISO, aperture etc.

I've narrowed my choices down to Canon's SD500 and Sony DSC-W7. I know that its tough to find a perfect camera.

These are my needs:

1)It should be an all-rounder. I travel pretty often so would like the camera to work in conditions such assnow, sunlight, indoors, night conditions. I'm especiallyparticularabout night conditions, I always have photos which turn out to be almost black! It will be nice to take some real great night shots for a change.

2)I'm also not too concerned with the video quality as I'm using the camera just to take photographs.

3) Clean and sharp pictures that are almost true to real-life colours.

4)Bright and clear LCD so that I can see my objects especially in bright daylight and night.

5) I probably won't be playing around with the camera too much so I guess I'm ok with limited manual controls.

That's about all that I can think of, prices, battery life etc. aren't really on the top of my needs list. So between these two camera, which do you think is best suited for my requirements?

Thanks very much!
carezbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links