Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:43 PM   #1

Hopefully I can get some suggestions from this board as I have found it tremendously useful. I currently have a canon powershot s40 4mp camera and have become frustrated with the slow shot-to-shot times. I would like to get a camera with much faster shot-to-shot times that also has a lot more flexibility with settings/add-on lenses, etc. I have been looking at a few cameras but would like to get people's suggestions as to what they think are best. The cameras I have been looking at are as follows:

Olympus C7070, Nikon Coolpix 8700, Sony DSC-H1

Basically, I am looking for the fastest shot-to-shot times I can get without upgrading to a digital SLR (would like something that is still somewhat small) in the 5 - 7 MP range. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
jkjones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:37 PM   #2

The startup, the shot to shot, and burst ratetimes of the Fuji S-9000 are impressive.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:53 AM   #3

I don't think that many people here had hand-on experience with so many expensive high end cameras... unless they work on camera shop.

So my advice would be go to a electronic store and try them out. Otherwise compare the stats on steve's reviews.But manufacturer's specswon't do you much good or I would have made you a suggestion
leon3536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:21 AM   #4

If you're looking for a fast point, & shoot, stylecamera, checkout the Kodak DX7440/Z730,,, 4 or 5mp, 4X zoom, 2.2 low light (capable)LCD, built in lens cover, manually adjustable, good, & fast, low light focusing (even without an AF assist light)plus awesome kodak color,reasonable price, and it usually is ready to shootbefore you are!,,, Don't underrate this camera!

I had to have one, to compliment my Fugi S5100 long zoom, my wife keepsthe DX7440 inher pocketbook, so we have all bases covered,,, lol
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote