Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:04 PM   #1

OK, simple task... I think.

Does anyone know of a 3-7mp camera that has the following features. I'm going nuts trying to read every models manual to find this feature.

Multi Timer interval

Photo interval timer

ie: I want the feature that if needed I can make the camera take pictures every 5,10, 30, 45 sec,or1min (whatever) until the card fills up. This way if I want to mount the camera and leave it on the fridge, I'll end up with many photos without having to manually trigger it with the remote control. Great for party crowd shots.

The closest that I found was the Canon EOS D30 which could do this through a PC and windows, but is there one that does this internally?

Do any other manufacturers have the Canon EOS D30 software features? Kinda cool...
sniffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2005, 6:31 AM   #2

gidday Sniffy

The canon S2(5meg) an the OLY c7000(7meg) both have interval shooting

These are the only ones i know about because i was interested in the interval timing myself-got the S2 because of greater zoom.

Both will take 100 shots at no less than 1min intervals

Cheers Dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:52 AM   #3

Some of the Pentax Models have this feature, too(like the Pentax Optio 555 and the newer 750z), but you're limited by the number of frames (99 total). Pentax calls it Interval shooting.

The Minolta A1 also has this ability (30 second minimum between shotsthough), with a maximum of 240 frames. Some of the newer models may have it too (I haven't kept up with the models that have this feature).

You may also want to look at some of the Nikon models using the MC-EU1 wired remote control. You'll have to look at the manual to see how the time lapse works (and whether it will meet your needs). Here's the link to the manual:

MC-EU1 Manual Link

Harbotronics also makes remotes for many Nikon models to add Time Lapse functionality. Here's the link to their site:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:13 PM   #4

Canon makes an external intervolmeter, more info here:

You can also adapt the unit to work on RebelXT and even Olympus 5060/7070/8080 (with battery grip), E300, and other cameras (a little cutting and soldering involved):

core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:02 AM   #5

I'm looking for something somewhat similar,and it looks like the Ricoh Caplio R4 may work.
fun21x is offline   Reply With Quote