Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:34 AM   #1

My daughter has asked for a digital camera for Christmas, and I am starting to shop around now, hoping to find a good deal. I have a Canon A80 (love it!) that she has been using quite a bit, so I am anxious to get her one of her own. I think I would like it to be a bit smaller than this one, and most importantly, easy to use (I don't see her using manual settings) and durable.

Ideally, Ialso would like it to take regular batteries (my previous Canon S-10 did not, and I found that to be very inconvenient) and use a CF card, since I have several of them. I would like the price to beabout $200.

I have just started looking, but am open to anything that you think would be a good first camera.
mdmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:41 AM   #2

A very nice tool for selecting possible cameras that meet criteria that you can designate is:

Give it a try. FWIW

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 1:18 PM   #3

i had some free time so i thought id try out that website. i justgot anew camera not too long ago but was just courious to see what the results would be.turns out when i got the results back it was the camera i just got. pretty neat site.
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 1:50 PM   #4

I just tried the site too and their #1 recommendation was the camera I bought a couple of weeks ago. I tried to be a little general too. For example I selected all brands and was neutral on all of them. If a person was going to flip a coin between two different camera's that might be the place to help them decide. But then again it just might offer a thirdoption and make them want to commit suicide....lol. Nice website, thanks for the link.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote