Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Which one do you like best?!
Canon A620 6 60.00%
Fuji E900 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:00 PM   #11

Received my E900 discounted through Dell Small Business - outstanding! Much lighter andfaster than the A620. Picture quality is superb. Pop-up flash is actuall well constructed. Menus are easy - I still haven't completed reading the manual (yes-unlike Casio there was a manual!) Macro and focusing are excellent. The startup is unbelievably fast.
wine540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:56 AM   #12

A few comments and reviews of the Fuji e900 are popping up now that some folks have got hold of this camera:

Review at: http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-e900-review.html

Mostly positive. On the negative: chromatic aberration (purple fringing) reported around highlighted objects. There seem to be some issues for those of us interested in RAW - "it is 11 seconds between exposures and takes 18 button presses to get to Raw mode." Photoshop CS2 not recognizing Fuji's RAW format.

The extra button pressing shouldn't be a big deal provided camera settings don't default to jpeg on start up. Also it sounds like there are significant resolution gains from using RAW - andmaybe alsocuring the CA issue. The last link includes instructions for fixing the Photoshop format issue. Windows XP nowreads RAW (with approriateupdate) but does this include Fuji Raw?

Any comments wine540?

Cheapest I've seen in UK isĀ£300 from purelygadgets.co.uk.
AgentX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:43 AM   #13

Hi, it is my first encounter with E900 through the reviews posted by AgentX. Athough I am currently an A610 user, I would say the E900 is very attractive to have a 32mm wide angle coverage. In view of nosignificant difference (except for the finish, for some people) between A610 and A620 I wonder MvdSchaalshould have considered the A610 vs. E900 instead. At least A610 has a much higher price advantage (and with the same flipout LCD) over E900. I would also like to point out the A610/A620 LCD gains up in low light for easy viewing too.

orion999 is offline   Reply With Quote