Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:30 AM   #1

One of the main criteria with the purchase of a camera is surely also the repair-service.

How long time it lasts, until a camera returns again?
Are you generally content with the service?

panager is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:20 AM   #2

I have recently had a Dimage A200 for repair for more than two months! When the repair-shop finally decided to speak to the outside world it was to tell me that the camera was severely broke and could only be fixed for almost the price of a new camera! Of course, I was furious and decided never to buy another Konica Minolta (as the said repair-shop are taking care of all repairs of Konica Minolta in Denmark). Still, I missed my A200 so I finally gave in and found a new one in another shop - using the same repair-company!

The guy in the shop told me that 3-4 weeks is quick service and that Konica Minolta and Canon belong to this category. However, one A200 from their own shelves had been at the company described above for more than four months!!! He was now determined to ask them to give him a new camera.

I seems pretty amazing that the digi cam business can get away with services like this.
janniklindquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:22 AM   #3

Thanks for your answer.

I live in Germany and there it seems to give a problem with the Kodak-series.

A seller has told me that it could long about 3 - 4 months to get back the camera.
Can this be right?

The station for repair-service is in Ireland and most the sellers don't sell these cameras for this reason.

Can I buy this camera nevertheless?
pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote