Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:46 AM   #1

I have owned the Canon A20 Powershot 2.1 MP camera since it came out, and I must say that even in this day of 8 or 9 MP cameras I am still impressed with the pics I can take with it, that combined with my Canon S820 printer I can print some fantastic pics.

But now I am ready to upgrade and I think I would like something with much better optical zoom (my son plays soccer and I would like to get some good action shots) but also have the ability to take some great close-up pictures of my children, my budget is $450.00.

I must say that one feature I disliked about the A20 was I could never get any kind of quality taking pictures in low light like an auditorium (school plays or concerts), maybe I was doing something wrong but if the kids had an event going on at the school I would not even bother to bring the camera, and that is rare because I TAKE THE CAMERA EVERYWHERE.

I have looked at the cameras listed in the "10-12X Optical "Super" Zoom" reviews section and could use some help in choosing which would be best, I do not necessarily need to have allot of zoom so I guess I could use a camera that has the best of both worlds (zoom and quality).

Thank you for all your help.
scj6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links