Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:36 AM   #1

I brought in a canon S60 to try..nice camera, lens seems good as well, purple fringing in a shot at some branches was such a surprise as it was a bit overwhelming...so here I am, used to really good glass (contax stuff) and the digital world is a bit different and how do I adjust. I wanted the 28mm lens, it still seems like a fine idea, I also want a small camera like either my Tvs or my T3. I want it to be easy to be with me...can I do better on a lens for sharpness if I stay away from the 28mm , and what would that be? Canon S's seem nice, maybe the new 80, maybe the 70? Nikon 7900....I did look at the olympus 7070 on line, could not see one in person and while the specs look great it is a bit large. The new Leica/Panasonic looked like it would be perfect but the noise seems too much....thoughts are welcome, maybe someone needs to come over and beat some sense into me, too many choices and this self imposed rush has to stop. Plan is to send the S60 back and take longer time...I don't need the camera today, I just want it......thanks for letting me vent, but please do offer opinions, please.
guitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links