Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:28 AM   #1

First of all, this is one darn good site, got lots of information from it lots of thanks goes to the author

I'm a newcomer to digital cameras and looking for a good investment in digital photography (looking to it for a semi-hobby/possibly developing into a serious thing). Browsing through the reviews I came down with a list of budget ultra zooms which seems like a camera where you can have fun and shoot clear images without breaking the bank. Although image stabilizers is not a major issue for me I'd really like a good camera where I won't regret spending my money on. Here:

1) Fujifilm finepix s5000 (tho based on reviews image quality = bad, s5100 too expensive).

2) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ3 (looks like the one I'm looking for, the downside is the design, I was really looking forward to the SLR-like design of the s5000 instead of the silver boxy type lumix has, but the 12x zoom...hmmm..:-))

3) Kodak DX6490 (theres a sale here in my country - Philippines - discounted at 44%, considering that it's 4mp I think it's a nice opportunity)

Please help!

p.s. If there are any other better camera choices more experienced users have in mind please don't hesitate to write them down too I'm very open to suggestions at this point thanks! budget is around $200-$400
myk0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links