Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 11, 2005, 3:13 PM   #1

I'm new here. I've always loved photography but all of my photos are taken on a little pocket Olympus Stylus. It has actually taken quite a few good pictures good enough to print and hang in my office. Now I want to upgrade and I've been told that the Nikon D50 and the Rebel XT are the two to look at. I'll of course take pictures of family but as far as the other subject matter it's going to vary. Nature, sporting events, random shots who knows where I'll go with it. The one thing I know I'm going to want pictures of are concerts, indoor and outdoor. Most of the indoor pictures are going to be taken without a flash (which makes it more difficut).

I'm pretty lost on this subject all I know is I want a decent camera I can grow into. I love taking pictures and plan on taking it pretty seriously (for a hobbiest....if that's a word).

Thanks for your help.
kidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 2:32 PM   #2

As both are GREAT choices, only thing left to do is to go handle them both at a PRO camera shop. I personally ruled out the Nikon due to its much larger size. Also check out the Pentax *ist DS as all three are Amazing "starter" dSLRS....btw, I believe Canon has a $75 rebate now on the XT and you get more money back if you buy additional lenses (started 10/15).
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote