Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:27 PM   #1

I've been reading about the Olympus C-7070. I've decided to buy one. Now comes the fun part. Who has them actually in stock and not on backorder and will give you a good price?I've read about people buying them for $350-$400. Where are these people when you need them? I need to know.

There's a dealer on Ebay selling a Kit for $564. It includes a camera, memory card(256mb xd), reader, wide angle and tele attachment, filter set, extra batteries, Tripod and oh yes the lens cleaner rag. If anybody gets a chance to look over the ebay offering, let me know. auction # 7553126943. Is this a good deal???
MrPhotoshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:20 AM   #2

I doubt you'll find it for under $400 anymore. The price has gone way up recently.

If $564 is a good deal to you, go for it. From what I've seen, those kits usually have just about everything you'll need.
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:56 PM   #3

imo ...

I would avoid any add-on lens other than Olympus; the 7070's just too nice to waste of sub-par lenses (okay, maybe if it's a Raynox, it's fine too - but not anything that has "platinum" to its name). For memory card I'd go with at least 512MB, and CF card would be much faster, and a 50x card (eg, Kingston Elite Pro 1GB) isn't all that expensive. I wouldn't use a lens rag either - lenspen would be much easier and better. You might also inquire if you're dealing with a new 7070, or refurb unit (fwiw Oly sells refurb units on ebay also).

I got my 7070 about 2+ months back from BuyDig.com ~$350, about the lowest it got (they are out of the 7070 finally, though).
core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:29 PM   #4

I'am really confused here. I purchased my C-7070 around August '05 at butterflyphoto.com for $346. I laso bought the whole set for a trip, including the extra battery holder, the extra battery, a wide angle and tele-photo lense and extra xd-cards. Then,I was robbed while sleeping and my camera taken away. So here I am with all the extras and no camera. Then I started looking for a new C-7070, and to my surprise the prices have sky-rocketed or where back-ordered. I just recently learned that Olympus has discontinued them. Can someone tell me why on earth after so little time has this happened!? Does anyone has an idea of what can I do to get a hold of another one!?
cinctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:56 PM   #5

Did you have a good experience buying from Butterflyphoto.com. Was the customer service good? Did they ship you the camera on time. Basically were you please? Are there any concerns I should have?

my6one is offline   Reply With Quote