Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:26 AM   #1

Hi frnd,

I want to buy my first camera. but i am not able to decide upon-which one. at present I dont know anything abt cameras so I want to buy a entry level camera to start with but at the same time I also want some manual features so that I can play with an develop some interest. Now I researched and got to know from many ppl that in digital cameras Canon n Nikon are the best.

so I had my eyes on Canon Powershot A520 and A610 but A610 is quite expensive than A520 and I am not able to find any starking differences between the two.

Can u pls point to me which camera should I buy under $300 as my entry level camera.

any help 'll b appreciated :-)
sgogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:23 PM   #2

A520: 4 pixel, Digic I, slower to recharge after flash photos, 10sec., uses two AA batteries, smaller. Lots of settings, etc. you can adjust for learning to use cameras.

A610, newest model, uses 4 batteries, Digic II, faster between pics. Better macro (you can get closer), bigger. Also lots of settings.

Lots of other stuff you will have to read the reviews to find out about. I have an A510 and find it very nice and useful. Others love their new A610.

mes444 is offline   Reply With Quote