Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:19 AM   #1

hi every1.i'm from india..i'm new to this forum and am also new to digicams...in other words i havent owned one ever....but i intend to buy one soon..so i need ur suggestions for a good digicam.i need one with 5 MP..with video recording(atleast 1 minute)..reliable..sturdy...and of a price range of around 12000-15000 rs(around 250 -300$)..can i get a goo done in this price range??and which company digicam shud i go for??kodak?sony?canon??..

any help will be appreciated..thanx
anuthereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:38 AM   #2

All three brands you mention are good. You need to read the specifications from each company to help you make your decision.

While I personally lean toward Sony (which is truly an internationally availablebrand) inyour statedprice range,I would suggest you explore the availability of services, repairs, accessories, etc.in India for each specific brand and factor that into your decision.

Video recording on a still digital camera is usually very poor compared to that of a videocam. The same is true of a video camera that also takes stills. Nonetheless, a few outstanding still cameras, such as the$800 Sony DSC F-828 have near-VHS quality recording. Additionally, JVC and a couple of other companies offer a "dual camera" which does both stills and video equally well, but prices are also significantly higer than your stated price range.

Once you decide on a specific brand and model, read Steve's reviewshttp://www.steves-digicams.com/ and view the sample photos for that model to finalize your decision. Other sites, too, have good reviews and some post sample shots taken by the reviewer. Hope this helps, and good luck in your pursuit of digital photography ... it is a delightful field with much to explore and learn!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:58 AM   #3

yes hgernhardtjris right u check 1st spcifications and then take any final decision....

Imran Hashmi
www.seo-professional.co.uk 0044-7969012441
dntchaseme is offline   Reply With Quote