Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 18, 2005, 5:54 PM   #1

I will be shooting more sports and wildlife photography. i was impressed with 20D and 7D. Somehow i didnt find Canon XT that appealing for my needs. Both the above scenario requires me to to use more of telephoto lenses. given the conditions what camera do u think will suit me.

I am not potrait shooter and prefer those action ones. Sometimes i may do macros.

Please let me know your comments between these two, or if any other i should consider.

The high end models are out of question. So restricting myself between 2000-2500 dollors of spending to start with.

please advice.

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:02 PM   #2

the 20D is definitly aimed more towards sports photography with faster burst, and faster shutter speed, then the XT. If your sure you want to concentrate on sports 20d is definitley worth the extra bucks.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:20 PM   #3

You are very correct the Canon 20D is the better choice. Because we present dSLR workshops, we own both the 350D/XT and the 20D, so I have hands experience with both Canon cameras.

To me the grip on the XT is way too small and pinched. The viewfinder on the XT is only half of the quality of the viewfinder found on the 20D. Those are the big differences for me personally.

ultrazoom22 is offline   Reply With Quote