Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:58 PM   #1

I take pictures in daylight of stationary objects like cars and items I am selling. Mostly for the web, this part of my photograph needs is basic and just about any cam can do well...I need some decent macro ability.

I also want a camera I can carry easily on vacations to take basically snap shots. The problem is my Canon A70 is a nice camera, but it's limited. My wife will have an ultra compact for most of this duty...I have made a separate post.

I came from using a Canon A-1 originally which was great and also overkill for most of my use. The big problem with it was I am not enough of a photog to be quick enough to catch the shots I wanted too...plus the A-1 was bigger than I wanted.

I don't have a problem using a 'manual' type cam, but I want a cam that I can set to 'auto' at times and not worry about a totally lost shot.

I still really like my A70, it's LCD could be bigger and some more lowlight ability would be nice.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, obviously I have a bit of investment in AA battery (rechargables) and CF technology. The newer Canons have moved to SD...I have looked at the A95, A510, A520, A610, A620 pretty in depth. If I could make use of stuff I have it would be nice.

alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links