Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:21 PM   #1

I am researching digital cameras for my daughter for Christmas and I really would like to go with a Canon A 410. However, I am concerned about the E18 error that plagued some of their other PowerShot models. Has this issue been resolved or is it too soon to tell? In the words of Vinnie Babarino, "I'm so confused!" TIA

KelMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:01 PM   #2

I'm not sure about current Canon digicams, but the E18 error was definitely an issue with my previous camera, the A75. I believe it had to do with dirt or grit getting in between the moving elements of the lens barrel and causing the parts to sieze. This was probably more of a problem forcertain Canon models becausethe seperate parts of their lens barrels rotatedin opposite directionswhen extendingor retracting.I kept a lens adaptor with a Sky 1A filter on the camera as much as possible to prevent this.

This could be a potential problem for any camera with a multi-section extending lens, especially if the camera's used outside a lot. The E18 error is specific to Canon, other brands will have different error messages, or will just stop working.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote