Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:41 AM   #1

Hey all,
as you know i have been asking heaps about the pana fz20/30, s9000/9500 and now i ask the same about the eos350D

I no this is in a new price bracket but from everytihg i have red it just seems to be the ultimate cam. I had the opp to play with it today and the images are so clean and well saturated. Is the 350D pretty much the best thing that money can buy at this price point. I mean the one i was looking at today ($2000 NZD) is the twin lense kit model with tele lense 300mm (i think) and man oh man the images are awesome. Especially after seeing what the pana puts out they are so clean and there is no noise to be seen anywhere.

I gues my question is, is the 350D all its made out to be on reviews from actual users who own and use this camera from day to day

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:58 AM   #2
Super Moderator

the 350d is more than capable of producting images that rival any camera made today.. i own the more expensive 20d, but have used the 350d extensively, and its image quality is indistinguishable from my camera.. if you ask me it is about the most camera you could get for the money these days..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:52 AM   #3
Super Moderator

As a matter of interest what are the lenses you'll be getting with the package?

In general most would suggest you'd be better off going for 1 higher quality lens rather than 2 cheaper ones. The XT is a good enough camera to show up the limitations of poorer lenses.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:13 AM   #4

He HE. Yeah, Iwould EXPECTa dSLR camera to be better than the current Panasonic (non-dSLR) lines. Why would you compare ANY dSLRs (with MUCH larger CCDs) to non-dSLR? If it is price, consider that by the time you add accessories, the price points aren't even close to each other.

Having said that, yes the Canon appears to be very nice, which is what I'd expect from Canon.

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote