Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1

As I shop on line for a camera, I see a lot of manufacturer refurbished cameras...has anyone ever purchased a refurbished camera and is it a good idea?
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:09 PM   #2

When I purchased online, I found the lowest price around for m Olympus d490z, what i did not notice was it refurbashed or noew, the box had its labels missing , and that could have led for rebates, or discounts, or refurbished, I will never know, and I never had a problem for the 8 years in my hands . It is breaking down, as I always trust the Olympus over my economy ones. Hope tht helps out a little.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 7:50 PM   #3

Hi cjg: Only one of my cameras was purchased as a refurb; but my experience was very good.I purchased the camera directly from Olympus on their auction site, and saved considerable money over the prices quoted at other camera stores. The camera looked and performed like new; in fact it had the latest firmware installed, and I could find no evidence that it had ever been used.

That said, Itrusted buying directly from Olympus. Some of the refurbed cameras offered by camera stores arerefurbed by independent repair shops and not the actual maker.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote