Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 2, 2005, 4:42 PM   #1

Hi there guys!
I thought it was time to change my old camera Nikon Coolpix 3200 which really gave lots of good moments and shots.. I would like to keep going on Nikon brand, but as i said, im open for any suggestion or tip.

My budget is 250-280US$ (not including the shipping fees to Spain).

Im not a guy who like to use manual controls, i jst like everything automatic, and let the camera do it job.. jst changing the scene depending if im indoor, outdoors, nightshoot, etc... The camera jst should b ok, good or quite good for any kind of scene, since im thinking of using it for all-around.

I also like big LCD screen, and i dont mind if it uses lithion rechargable battery or 2 4AA batteries... And bout the memory card, i would prefer SD, but that's not important..

I was thinking of this ones:

- Nikon Coolpix S1 or S3 (if i have enough budget)
- Casio Zoom EX-Z110 or EX-Z120
- Canon Ixus 50
- MINOLTA Dimage X50 o la X60
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7
- SONY Cyber-shot DSC-W5
- Canon SD500

But i really need ur opinion, tips and suggestion... jst knowing that whati want is an ALL-AROUND camera, almost fully automatic... so called "POINT and SHOOT", with big LCD.. (2.5").

Waiting for ur answers, thanks in advance.

From Barcelona (Spain),

ekincheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:02 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i am most familiar with the canon sd500 and can vouch that it is a fine little camera and would suit your needs quite well..

the panasonic i would stay away from as it is very noisy at any iso's over 50 which will limit its usefulness..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:10 PM   #3

thanks Hards80!..

i appreciated ur opinion and i would look deeper on it..

How come no one talking abt the news Nikon Coolpix S1 or S3, are they really that bad??.. i really would love to buy another one since im happy with the coolpx 3200.

but again, im open for other suggestions as well and already clearing my way..
The Panasonic is out of my list.

U still can suggest me other models as well, but pls, dont say the Fuji F10.. man.. i see u guys suggest it for almost everyone! :P And i also want a slim camera.. and u guys said this is big.

Thanks in advance!
ekincheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:59 AM   #4

my wife is coming from a (edit)3600(/edit)...if the flip lcd is a criteria then it's harder to find in compacts.

She wants to go with one of the credit card sized cameras like a Casio EX50 or comparable (I think it's EX50)
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote