Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:32 AM   #1

I am pretty much going to get one or the other.....they both feel great in my hands, I like what they can do.......BUT:

1. is there really a comparison between the two (like they do with the xt/d50/5d?) are they on equal footing so to speak (not in relation to the mp) but in other things or are they like apples and oranges?

2. what are some other things I should be thinking of when I am comparing these two camera's, the pluses or the minuses

3. with the Nikon, I'll be getting a new lens (Tamron 28-200 --- as that is what I have on my Canon 35mm already and I'm familiar with it/like it, etc.), with the Canon, I'll be using the one off my Elan 7E......when all is said and done, it will be about a $100 bucks less for the 20d (between the rebate and bday money I'll be chipping in on which ever one I do get).

5. which one would you select?! why?

I just can't decide......and I'm driving myself bananas, have read every article, the forums (here and other places) have heard the good, the bad and the sometimes ugly. I like them both.......so if I could get some feedback, I'd appreciate it.

PS: I do a lot of candid snapshots, landscape/nature photography, kids playing, gosh, I guess a bit of everything. I want the camera to learn with and grow with.
dragonluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:40 AM   #2

I own the 20D and would not trade it for the Nikon. The Nikon is a great camera but the 20D is much better. Noise handling is better at higher ISO. Burst rate is faster and larger buffer. Instant on is great the 20D
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:56 PM   #3

The only difference i could see is the burst mode. Apart from that both aer very much similar.

Unless u shoot action u wont require 20D. Did u check KM 5D

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:04 PM   #4
Super Moderator

if you already have canon system and will be SAVING money with the 20d.. then really there is no choice to be made.. the 20d is superior to the d70s in every way.. faster fps, better noise handling, better AF, more resolution..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote