Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:37 PM   #1

I know B and H Photo is a good place but wondered if others had some that are good or bad......

Beach Camera and Canoga Camera had good ratings....I checked out that Newegg and hmm, is it just a special deal type place, was kind of confusing for me. I used to think Adorama was good, but looking at resellerratings.comshows theydon't have a very good satisfaction rate.

I am asking because I can't decide between going with some one online or a bit more locally (of course spending a bit more too) in case I have problems, etc., am a worry wart I confess...

anyhow, any input would help!
dragonluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:56 AM   #2

alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:57 PM   #3

I bought my Fuji S5200 from onecall.com and they were really good--answered my questions and sent me the camera FAST.
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:43 PM   #4

I've been extremely happy with both B&H and 17th Street Photo. I have used Adorama for a few things. The thing that Adorama is especially good for is large selection and a website that is easy to navigate to find what you are looking for. I have bought filters from them, and they actually had in stock the brand, type, and size that I was looking for ineach case. I may just have been lucky, but they were fine in my experience. I was not able to find any other site that carried all the things I was looking for, although many people speak well of the Filter Connection.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:01 PM   #5

I've ordered from Adorama a few times, camera equipment and prints, and I haven't had any problems.

I've returned a few items to them and there was no problem.

The other day a friend of mine ordered a Canon EOS 1D from them. That's about $7K worth of camera
idelsoni is offline   Reply With Quote