Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:29 PM   #11

Look at the professional reviews of the Sony S-40. Then make up your mind. If you want to take videos, a video camera will do a better job. I look at digital cameras, with the thought of what is the quality of their still photos?

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:16 PM   #12

I agree with Terry's recommendation. The Nikon 3200 other than being a tad slow to focus indoors is an EXCELLENT Ultra-Cam . The photo quality is stellar - I have several cameras, some of which are 7 MP and I swear some of my snapshots from the 3200 are on par with them.I also like the Sony 40 -read the users' reviews online...I briefly "tested" it (yes, I am obsessed with digi-cams) and it impressed me VERY much ! Plus, it's much faster than the Canon A410/510/520. Finally, I wish Nikon hadn't done this but the 4600 has NO AUDIO !!! So, if you want to shoot movies with sound (and who doesn't?), you have to buy the 3200 or jump up to 5600....Actually, you have a plethora to choose from !
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:01 PM   #13

The Fuji E500 and E510 is also fairly inexpensive, very easy to use, takes great pictures, and has the option for manual controls if any of its users want to try and get a little more advanced.

There are a lot of good, cheap cameras listed and compared at http://www.airshowfan.com/guide-to-d...igital-cameras
airshowfan is offline   Reply With Quote