Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:45 AM   #1

I already have the Stylus 600, but I've been looking to change, I just dont like the quality of prints at times and it has no optical view finder and cannot record movies with sound.

What do you guys think is the better buy?
IMO the SD450 tops the Stylus 600.
I thought Olympus made great point and shoots, but I'm dissappointed in the Stylus 600. Only great thing about it is, the Large 2.5" LCD screen.

twendane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:24 AM   #2

Hi twendane: IMHO it seems you bought the wrong Olympus model for your needs. There are better Oly models, with viewfinders, and with sound movies, than the 600. On the very basic point and shoot side there is the much cheaper D-595. A good value, very compact camera that is actually cheaper than the 600, yet has a viewfinder and movies.

But for value for the money you should have bought the rugged C-5500. A great little camera, well built, lots of bang for the buck; with viewfinder, movies, 5MP, 5x optical zoom. And you could have gotten it for less than you probably paid for your stylus.

And both are a better valuethan the Canon SD450. If you are comparing the more expensive SD450, then you should be comparing it to more expensive Oly models than the Stylus.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:46 PM   #3

Hey Thanks for your reply man. Now I'm just gonna try to get this little lousy mistake sold and get the D-595, the C5500 seems a bit too bulky for me.
I just need something with great prints up to 8x12 or over, with good optical viewfinder and records movie with sounds 640x480 30fps.

Thank You
twendane is offline   Reply With Quote