Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1

i want to get a fuzi e 900 cool pix.are fuzi cameras a decent quality camera?

any opinions on this camera. how would you compare it to a cannon s 70 or s 80??

thank you
volkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 2:02 PM   #2

CoolPix is Sony. I'll take a wild guess and say you might be referring to the Fuji FinePix E900.

There aren't any complete reviews I know of from the people I trust. It has the same sensor as the S9000, and that is a good camera. Fuji has been making good optics and their noise characteristics are excellent. With a 32mm wide and raw, the E900 looks to be an excellent camera.

I would wait for some good reviews.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 2:28 PM   #3

I own the S-9000 and found it to be something of a disappointment. IMHO it will not replace any of the low cost dSLR whose market it is aimed at rather squarely. Notice that the E-900 can only go to a maximum ISO setting of ISO 800, whereas the S-9000, using thevery same imager goes to a maximum of ISO 1600.

The reason is that there is a good bit of noise in the S-9000 images at ISO 1600. The only way I could be satisfied with the ISO 1600 images was to run the photos through Neat Image.

Here is a sample photo taken at full zoom on the S-9000, 300mm, and at ISO 1600 with no flash. The image has been processed with Neat Image.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote