Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:40 PM   #1

Hi every one. I am not an expert on cameras so i thought some one herewould have some ideas for my unusualapplication.I am curently using 3, C-765UZ and pinetreecomputing.com camera controler program for live webcams that upload to a server. I am planning adding a few more webcams and am looking to improve the image quality. I have been planning the purchase of 2 C-8080 with X2 teleconverters to replace 2 of the C-765UZ's. I just noticed here at Steve's Digicams, Olympus has introduced the SP500UZ. Does any one have an opinion what modelI should concider for this type of application? The cameras are remote mounted and are running 24-7. They are controled through USB, and powered by there 120VAC to DC power converters, so battery life, display size, memory speed, ect.andotherconventional reasons to select a model do not apply. The webcams can be seen at http://justalaska.net/webcam/views.html. (The best time would be during day light hours).I am hoping to produce higher quality images of the Bald Eagleson theHomer Spit. I am thinking the lens is the most important part of this equation? Any suggestions or ideaswould be greatlyappreciated.
frozenstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links