Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1

Which 8 MP point and shoot camera gives the best quality pictures, Canon PowerShot S80, Nikon Coolpix P1, Olympus SP-350, or Sony DSC-N1? I would like to upgrade to an 8MP camera that takes good quality pictures, has a quick shutter reaction time and takes good outdoor pictures?
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:12 PM   #2

This isn't a very timely answer for you, but I just joined today and I'm searching for information about the Coolpix P1 and I came across your question...

Ican't speak for any of the cameras you listed except for the Nikon Coolpix P1. I just boughtone and I'm freaking out about the shutter delay. I'm new to digicams though and I have been reading that this is a common problem with all digicams. The solution (supposedly)is to shoot in CONTINUOUS mode to get the shot you ultimately want. I have to experiment with this idea, but it makes sense to me. I just hope it's simple to do.

Good luck...

Godiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:19 PM   #3

I would like to think that the cameras that we choose as our one and only do not require "work arounds." the review done by our Steve, indicates that the P-1 is not an especially fast camera. The Canon S-80 is a much better choice as it is indeed faster in its operations. That is quite a contrast to the Olympus SP-350 which if you take a look at the professional reviews is a a good deal slower than either the Nikon P-1 or the Canon S-80.

IMHO, given the choice, I would opt for the Canon S-80.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 5:56 PM   #4

The quick shutter time rules out the Olympus, shame because its a nice camera!
abe_1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote