Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:44 PM   #1

Upon finding this tiger direct listing I immediately became suspicious. Why was a 5MP camera selling for so cheap?

I looked around a little on google and on some forums and came up with nothing. DXG (home page) has a web site and not much else. I saw some announcements, but no reviews. I couldn't even find anyone talking about the brand. Is it crap? Do they lie about their specs? What's going on?

This seems like an obvious scam to me, but that's a really cheap 5MP camera, and I'd love to hear if anyone knows any different.

Edit: You can also get if off Overstock.com, but for some reason the address to the Overstock listing kept getting mangled. Oh well, it's cheaper at tiger anyway.
Aeturnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:47 PM   #2

Save yourself some headaches and don't get a DXG....with the DXG 308 and 568cams Itest drove the best coloreither onecould musterduringindoor shoots was orange, or variants thereof, and we spent hours tweakingthe settings:roll:I was lookingfor a "cheap upgrade"to replace my trustyFuji finePix 1300 so I could do some home brew portraits...specs of the DXG's looked good but the results we got were not even close to what the old Fuji could produce at an equal resolution.
Z20Guy is offline   Reply With Quote