Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 2, 2005, 5:40 AM   #1

I take pictures of watches and watch straps to post on my web sites. I have been using a Nikon 8700 which is quite clear but the color is way off. I bought a Nikon D50 and the color was worse than the 8700 and even the dealer agreed and returned my money.

Today I used my Nikon 5900 Point and shoot and the color was perfect.....all that was missing was a bit of clarity (sharpness) it was OK but I need a bit better.

Is there a Canon camera that does not have all the complications but has a great lens ....a better version of the Nikon 5900?
Thank you very much

elazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:26 AM   #2

Why dont you just use software to sharpen the image up
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:30 AM   #3

I would look into why the color is off on the 8700 before buying another camera. If you are using artificial light the white balance can be off. The 8700 has good fine tuning for the white balance. Put a white sheet of paper under the lighting you are using and use the custom preset to get the exact white balance for that lighting.

If you are using the flash with a lot of ambient light try messing with the speedlight setting with the +/- 3 steps of variation.

I would also look into why the 5700 isn't clear. It is one of the better small cameras for macro and should take sharp photos.

Post a sample from each and tell us about your lighting setup. I doubt you will do better than what you already have if you sort out what is going on with them.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote