Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:01 PM   #1

My sister recently dropped and broke my Gateway DC-T50 camera.* I loved that digital camera.* It suited my needs perfectly, with 5.1 MP, movie mode, several scene modes, SD picture card, great zoom features. in my opinion it had everything and took great pictures.* I am now in the process of looking for a camera to replace this one. I have been searching for a while now, and really I am stuck as to what camera will suit my needs.**I am a college student, so I don't need anything TOO fancy.* I am mainly taking pictures of friends, nature, kids, things like that.* I am a photo fanatic, and I pretty much take my camera everywhere and take photos of everything.* I am by no means a skilled photgrapher although I have taken some photo classes and I am able to use manual features with some skill.* I would like to stick with the SD memory card since I have already invested in those, although it doesn't really matter.* I would like a rechargeable battery, it seems much more convinient and easier to use.* Also, i love cameras that offer various shooting modes for night, action, people, snow, etc.* and I want to have a movie w/sound mode.* I am looking and hoping to spend around $250 and at the most $300 for the camera.*I am open to suggestions about any camera that seems to fit my needs, but I have currently been considering the Olympus Stylus600, Casio EX-Z120, and Canon PowerShot SD500.Thanks!!
SarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links