Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:37 AM   #1

Hello all, i will be going on an expedition through Patagonia for three months starting in January through NOLS. I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on any cameras that might be suitable. The area is incredible and from what i have seen it presents limitliess photographic opportunities. The only problem here on which camera to take is the fact that we will not really see anyone for those three months, so cameras with rechageable batteries are kind of out since i wont be able to recharge them. Although the dslr's get incredible battery life and i could always take a couple extra batteries. Still undecided on whether to lug a dslr around for some incredible photos, or just a point and shoot. Im open for any suggestions, thanks. Oh and here are some pics of what I'll be doing right here
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:38 AM   #2

I used an Olympus E-300, two lens kit in Patagonia, and was very pleased with my results.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:17 PM   #3

The Fuji FinePix S5200 has a 10X optical zoom, pretty good low light capability, uses regular ol' AA batteries, and one set of rechargeable 2500mAh energizers should last well over 300 pictures.

It can be bought online for around $300.

I have a Pentax *ist DS, which takes great pictures and is small for a DSLR, but if I were going to be lugging a camera around in Patagonia for 3 months, I would take the Fuji.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote