Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:32 PM   #1

i am looking to buy a new camera with a good zoom with image stabalization on a budget.

i was looking at the canon s2 is and the results seem amazing. i was just worried about the camera only being 5 megapixels.

I ordered the FUJIFILM FINEPIX S9500 and was very disapointed with the image quality and the bluring on handheld zooming so i sent it back for a refund.

so basically torn between the canon s2 is and the Panasonic FZ30, which is 8 megapixels and has stabilization.

I really like canon cameras as i am familiar with using them, so i was basicalling asking whether i should wait it out for the canon s3 is to be released or to get the s2/fz30?
worried it will take a long time for the s3 to be released

any suguestions much appeciated

mwvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:14 PM   #2

Is there some reason why 5 MP is a problem for you, or is it just a matter that 8 is larger than 5?

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:44 PM   #3

Can't comment on the Panasonic and I was attracted to the optics, since I've Leica 35mm RF's and SLRs for over thirty years. Still, the Canon S2IS won me over. It's Movie mode is truly a class leader. The flash is highly competant. The optics superb and the image stabilization works just fine.Also, waiting on buying a camera, especially a digicam means potentially missing some terrific shots. My only beef with this machine are the ergoson the right side at the rear. If you're not careful, you will fat finger cause the menu to pop up during a critical picture taking moment. Still, the new FZ30 intrigues me.
RickLP is offline   Reply With Quote