Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:37 PM   #1

I have recently been researching digital camcorders. I came across your forums and was wondering if you could give me some expert advice, as I'm not an expert in this field by any means. I understand most of these camcorders have multiple features. However my intention for this camcorder is something that is light, portable and will take video.

I have narrowed my choices down to 2 items the Aiptek MPVR and the Konaki DV6. I have gone back and forth reviewing specs and am totally unsure as to which one to buy. I like the bundle items included with the Konaki (Case, tripod, re-chargeable li-ion bat/AA when your li-ion bat runs out) however its can only hold a max SD card of 512MB as the Aiptek can hold up to 2GB. I do not want a couple of unnecessary items bundled with the Konaki to influence my decision. Konaki has a digital zoom of 8x as the Aiptek only has 4. The Aiptek can record 640 x 480 at 30fps, where as the Konaki only does 11 at this resolution. I'm confused...Please help.

Thank you for your time and expertise, I would appreciate any info.

PS...I just took a look at the Mustek 9300 now my head is really spinning:?
coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:07 PM   #2

You know coz, I always felt as though those brands of cameras you just mentioned were like jokes...fake cameras. Even though I still do, there is a forum here just for this type of camera. May I suggest you post our questions there...you will probably get a lot more replies than in the general digicam sector.

What ever happened to Canon, Panasonic, and Sony camcorders?

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:27 AM   #3

Look into Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

isikayhan is offline   Reply With Quote