Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:32 AM   #1

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or recomendations regarding either the Nikon Coolpix 7600 or Casio Exilim EX-Z120? I'm trying to decide for a christmas gift for my girlfriend's father (50's) who likes to take pictures of his 4 yr old and 1 yr old grandsons and at various parties and functions he attends. I like the fact that these cameras seem to be relatively easy to use, can accept alkaline batteries, are relatively compact and are decently priced. I've read on C/net that the low light focus on the 7600 is "inconsistent" but they give it an otherwise decent rating and like its picture quality. I'm assuming the picture quality of the EX-Z120 would be similar to the EX-Z750's but the DSP image stabilization makes me wary (& I'm not sure if the comparison between Casio's 2 cameras or my assumptions regarding the comparability of thier picture qualitiesis valid). If anyone has any feedback or reccomendations regarding these cameras, I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if anyone can suggest better alternatives to these cameras for my purposes at similar price points and features, I would greatly appreciate that as well. Thanx in advance for your replies.
swamijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links