Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:50 AM   #1

hey folks i have been doing a bunch of research on which camera is best for me this xmas season and i have narrowed it down to a few models. which one would you guys choose? im open to suggestions of cameras that arent on this list as well.

Casio ex-z750
sony dsc-w7
kodak v550

i think first and foremost, image quality would be the most important feature followed by reliability/build quality, and then last would be portability; performance is another key feature. im a novice photographer just looking to start recording my memories rather than just lettin em fade away. any and all info is appreciated.

inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2005, 4:21 AM   #2

Considering "space to grow" as photographer Casio would have at least some kind chances for manual settings but apparently that won't be important.
(and usability of manual settings in these is close to useless in every case)

Sony is over one centimeter thicker than others if you intend to keep camera in your pocket. (1.4" vs 0.9")
And uses proprietary and more expensive memory.

If you want to take lansdscape shots in lower light Panasonic DMC-FX9 would have image stabilization which enables two-three "steps" longer shutter time without blurring caused by shake.

For moving target Fuji F10 would be best in lower light.

Here's comparison:
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote