Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 12, 2005, 8:46 AM   #1

I'm driving myself crazy with the camera decision here. I'm going to start from scratch and would like some advise on what I really need based on what I will actually be using the camera for - I'm slowly realizing that i will not get everything i want in one camera.......

I will be photographing objects mainly indoors, jewlery, clothing, various size collectible items...they will be used on-line only for my website and ebay and I don't want to spendtoo much time getting the "perfect" photo, however, i doneedcrisp clear photos withdetail. ex. stamps on jewelery and clothing lables.

I will also be using the camera or traveling, so I need something fairly compact (the Canon A610 was too heavy and cumbersome for me and not user friendly).......

I wouldalso like touse it as a basic all around camera, outdoor nature scenes and picts of my 5 year old - my priority, however, is the 2 above mentioned situations. I have an old Nikon FE I still like to use ocassionaly for this.

I thought iwanted a compact with super macro and manual controls - but maybe i don't really need the manual control part or the super macro? Any suggestions on what I should look for in a camera?

Confused - please help.

Thank you in advance.

gofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links