Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 19, 2005, 8:36 PM   #1

:?I am looking for a point and shoot camera, preferibly a small camera. I don't like the delay between the the time you push the button until the time picture is taken. Any ideas?

motorand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:38 AM   #2

There are a lot of concerns with the speed of a camera. Start up time, time between shots and of course the time it takes for the camera to actually take the picture once you press the shutter. I don't know how much you know about cameras so I am going to assume that you know some but not all.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"When you want to take a picture with an automatic camera you simply aim and press. After you press the button the camera then has to Focus and set up the Aperture and Shutter speed and then take the picture. That all takes some time and only the more expensive cameras will shorten that time to a point where it's not real noticable. You can however decrease the actual shutter lag by first pressing the shutter button half way to allow the camera to do all the work first, then once it's all done you just press the rest of the way. The lag after that is barely noticeable.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I would suggest reading thru some of Steve's reviews on some models that you would like and see what those times are. Then go to your local store and try some out so you can get an idea of how long that time is in Photography time.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you know a lot more about cameras than I assumed than I apologize for the remedial training.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Dave Porter
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote