Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:39 AM   #1

Good Morning!! I have purchased a Canon A610, and love it. However, the manual says that the date can only be printed on the picture in "postcard mode". Does anyone know what they are talking about? Thanks again for your help!!
MICKEYSARK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:08 PM   #2

Hi, the postcard mode is a setting on the camera. Apparently, the date stamp can only be printed using that "postcard setting."You'll find the setting in the resolution choices, i.e.; large, medium1, medium2, small & postcard 1,600 X 1,200 pixel resolution."Date Stamp" specifies whether the date and time are overlaid on the image.I hope this helps!Now that you've had this camera for awhile, are you happy with it? Is it fairly quick and how does it do in low light situations?I've been looking at this camera as well as a couple larger ones (Canon S2, Panasonic FZ5, FZ30) I just can't decide if going larger is a good idea for me.Thanks!
tech challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:46 PM   #3

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal. Use any mode you desire. It is a great digital camera. Then, using just about any photo editing program out there, use the text tool and insert the date, as well as any comments that you might desire. It is as simple as that.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:35 AM   #4

What I do is .. after I upload the photos to my comp.. I use the canon software to rename the file types to correspond with date taken.. That way when I want to find a photo.. I can easily.. When I print my photos out, the file name (which is then the date) is on the back of my photo.

Generally speaking, I liked having the little refd date stamp on photos.. but anything I wanted to frame, etc.. I'd have to edit it out.. pita.

This was my orginal thought of not liking this camera.. but as I want to get more serious into photography.. the date becomes a burden..

AN idea that I have used is.. to postcard out one photo at the beginning of an event.. then you know the date.. the rest of the photos.. set to regular sz.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote