Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:29 PM   #1

I want to buy a digital camera. But I am not sure which to buy. I want to buy one of these

1.Sony DSC H1

2.Fuji 5200

3.Panasonic FZ5

The main choice of me will between Fuji and Sony because Panasonics video is not good as the other two. Sony is good but it is more expensive than Fuji for 100 $.I do not live in US but a friend will get it from there and bring to me. There is a mail in rebate in Sony for 50 $. But I really do not know how does it works. Can youexplainFor this rebate if I buy sony I have to get it before new year. So Monday I have to buy and I think it will come before Friday. At least I wish. Instead of this Fuji is 290$+shipping. It is cheaper but it do not have IS I m not sure about this. Also sometimes I think to bu a small compact camera as Casio EX Z 750 too
ıshatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:47 PM   #2

I think you'd like the Fuji S5200.

It's quite a lot of camera for low $'s.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 6:09 PM   #3

The way a rebate works is that you mail in your receipt and the code bar you cut from the camera box. It usually takes over a month for them to mail you the rebate check. You might require someone in the US to receive the check by mail and forward it to you. You might contact Sony to see if they will mail the check overseas, but they probably won't..

I don't know how good the 5Mp Fuji sensor is for noise – the 6Mp is excellent. The ability to shoot at higher ISO somewhat makes up for not having stabilization. I would want to read some reviews and see some high ISO shots to be sure, and the 5200 is too new to have any yet. Probably a good camera for the price.

I have both a Z750 and a Panasonic FZ10. The FZ10 is better for nature shots etc, but I get a lot more pictures with the Z750 because it is always with me. If I could have only one digital it would probably be the Z750, but it is very limited in zoom range and doesn't have optical stabilization. Movies and optics are very good, but you can't use the optical zoom during movie filming.

The FZ5 is an excellent all-round camera, but the movies are poor as you point out.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote