Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:24 PM   #1

Well, now that I've lost some of my original enthusiasm about the Sanyo C6 due to its very weak low light performance, I'm back to trying to decide between my other two choices of small pocketables with ALL AROUND decent performance...something that I won't dread bringing to an indoor party with average to low lighting.

Between the Sony T-9 and SD450, do any of you think that either has a distinct advantage as far as "all around" perforance is concerned?

Sony Pros:

6 MP
Image Stabiliztion
Possibly higher ISO performance
LCD has 230 pixels
Larger internal memory for emergency purposes

weaker flash than Canon

Canon Pros:

has a good reputation for taking all around "decent" pics. Supposedly better flash, but the one low light pic I took of my friend washed her out completely from about 4ft. away.
The reviewers tend to like it.

Last week, a friend of mine asked me what camera she should get for a trip. I told her that I was debating between two cameras that hadn't even come out yet...the T9 and the Sanyo C6. I said that if I HAD to make a choice last week for her New Year's overseas trip, I'd have to go with the Canon SD450. So she did. I hope she'll be happy with it.
NOW, I'm stuck with a similar choice between the T9 and the 450. Boy, if only that Sanyo had better low light performance or OIS for still pics.....

sorry for rambling
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links