Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 1, 2006, 5:40 PM   #1

Hello all,I am in desperate need of some guidance, been reading, window shopping, calling and surfing for well over a month now and all i have to show for it is a bigger list of possible camera's than i started with. ¬* ¬*Must have features.¬* Above all else it must take good quality point and shoot photos's. I have two small children and want to be able to record them growing up, without to much fuss, out of the pocket, switch on, click¬* --- good quality photo.¬* ¬*Apple mac compatible, ¬* ¬*Small as possible, and light, the type you can take with you all the time. ¬* ¬*Best quality short movie capture for a sub compact point and shoot,¬* file compression size not to important as i have a 1 g card and my laptop is never far away. So mpeg4 not essential.¬* ¬* ¬*3x zoom minimum and . Up to ¬£300/$500¬* ¬*¬* ¬*Short list is¬* Sony P200, Panasonic DMC-FX9, Casio Exilim EXZ-750, Finepix F10, and just to confuse matters someone suggested the Sanyo xacti C5 or C6. (not sure about this one, good movies at the expence of the stills?)¬* ¬*¬* ¬*I kind of like the the look of the Panasonic being the smallest, leica lens and it files the movies as apple quicktime files. but i'm new to this game so i might completly wrong.¬* ¬* ¬*Any comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.¬* But again the quality of the point and shoot photos are the most important bit.¬* ¬*Sorry to go on a bit . Happy new year to you all,¬* Phil S ¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*.Cheshire,¬* England¬*¬* sorry for how the post looks it i wouldn't let me put new paragraphs in just one big block of hard to read text,
qwertyuiop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:34 PM   #2

The Sony P-200 has a substantial problem with dust intrusion which eventually disables the CCD. I would scratch that one.

The Casio Z-750 and the Fuji -10 are great cameras. I personally would scratch the rest. BTW I am open to further discussion.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote