Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:45 AM   #1

Any thoughts?
mimochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:12 PM   #2

still too early to tell since there aren't enough samples from the new cameras, but the one I came across is not impressive, it looks like Panasonic achieive high isos by first downsizing the image to average out the noise, then interpolated back to 3MP, look here:

The aliasing jaggies along the edges is a dead giveaway

curtisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:07 PM   #3

The analysis made by Curtis, is in my opinion quite correct. Fuji in past generations of CCD's (imagers) experimented with something like that. They stopped going in that direction with their imager design.

From the new R & D efforts we got the Fuji 5th generation of imagers, that began with the Fuji F-10, and that have been quite a step forward in better images.

The Panasonic LZ3/LZ-5, on paper, are interesting cameras. They will not even be available until mid March and there are no professional reviews available on either camera right now. The LZ-3/LZ-5 are interesting because they are slated to have 6X optical zoom.

I contrast, the Fuji F-10/F-11 are currently available and have received excellent reviews. They only have 3X optical zoom

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote