Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:24 PM   #1

I have been using a canon sd 500 for about a year, love it, but it's time to learn real photo fun. I have read and read, down to 2, Minolta 5d, or Sony Ri, I know they are not the same type, but both have things I want., for the same price I can get the 5d with 2 lenes and all the things to go with the camera, i.e. flash, card 1g, filters, and such, the Sony for the same money is just camera 1g card ,bag and a few small things. I take a lot of indoor "people" beach and sun {i live in Mexico] and I do not know much about camera controls, to me the bottom line is the Sony "glass" or the Minolta's "IS" and flexibility. please help me, thanks in advance
jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:07 PM   #2

I have seen a lot of portraits/people photos with the Sony R-1, and they are wonderful. The lens on the R-1 is excellent and lends itself to portraits and people photos.

That does not mean that the K-M 5D is any less of a camera, and yes, the 5Dcould be equipped with a lens in the same focal length range. but I don't think that you would have exactly the same image quality.

Perhaps, Jim C, our resident K-M 5D expert, will chime in with a post on this topic as well. He is more expert on the lenses available for the K-M 5D.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote