Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:56 AM   #1

About 8 months ago we bought the Konica-Minolta G530 and have been absolutely happy with its picture quality, compact size, and picture taking speed. However, it seems as if we bought a "lemon" as the camera has now been sent for the second time for repair. In speaking with the local repair shop dealing with Konica-Minolta's, I was told (true or not, rumor or not) that Konica-Minolta will no longer exist after a few month's time. This rumor, as well as my now general opinion that the G530 simply is not designed robustly enough, is now having me look around for a different alternative.

Important for us is good picture quality, with at least 5 megapixels,quick response time, and ease of operation. I have been looking at the Panasonic DMC-LZ3 as a possibility.

Does anyone have a good suggestion or other opinion?
sti_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:44 AM   #2

Yes, Konica-Minolta has announced that effective 04/01/06 that they will cease operations. Sony will take over their camera line and offer repairs after that date.

I have hada K-M G-500 model for almost three years now and it has been perfect in every way. You often see them for sale on ebay.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote