Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:36 PM   #21

The Nikon coolpix have a tendency to be very slow. If you get a chance, go play with some cameras in Best Buy or Circuit City. I had a Panasonic FZ5 and it is the quickest camera besides a DLSR. I had a sandisk ultra II card and it would take pics right after the other, not on burst mode, and has awesome zoom. I only sold it because I bought a DSLR. I know you have many choices but that is what my main request was in a digicam (fast pictures) and the FZ5 delivers!!
Brandnugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:05 PM   #22

We bought the S2 today and are extremely happy with it. We already had a Kodak P850 and a Canon G6 in our possession that we were trying out (gotta love those tax returns!). Well, it took me several rounds to get used to each one's focusing and all that, so we'd go back and forth between each of them, as to which was better. Finally after a few hundred pictures I was more familiar with them and tonight our last test run, at times just on auto, clearly demonstrated that the S2 won hands down.

I think we are going to love this one. After these we took at home, all the ones we tried out at the stores, all the reviews we read, all the photos at pbase and so on...this is the overall best we could find for our family's needs and interests.

Thank you vwmom! If I hadn't seen your photos I don't think I would have ever looked twice, because I thought maybe all the others at pbase might be ones that were done very "manually". When you told me that your photos were pretty basic, practically auto mode, and I could see they had such great quality and clarity, we decided we would try it out.

Thanks! When I ever figure out how to post pix on here I will post some. (I am a newbie to such things.:? )

Joshua2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:09 PM   #23

Congrats on your new purchase.. As I mentioned.. I'm still learning too..

You should have seen me last night at the monster truck show..lol.. I need to sit down and 'play' more to get total benfits of this cam.Thought I'm happy with my quickie shots. I took some awesome video at the show too.. Once I figure out where to upload it, I'll post it. Anyway.. as I have questions, I post them.. There are a number of S2 groups, in addition to the Canon forum here. There are a lot of helpful people out there.

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote