Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:50 PM   #1

Chiapas, Mexico.

After much reading reviews, forums etc have decided to buy either Canon S2 ISor Panasonic FZ 20.(canon slightly ahead) I will need camera for wildlife (otters), most images will be taken in sunlight on water although some images will be taken at dusk, dawn or shade in a river canyon. Can't afford dslr camera yet (mexican wages not good).

Which produces best , sharper images? Doesnt seem to be much in it.

The FZ 20 flash reaches 7 metres (and there is a hot shoe) whilst the Canon only 4 metres although I was told I can fix a slave flash onto the canon ???

Does anyone know if I can use a shutter release with the canon?

Image quality is importnat ( most prints max 8 X 10 and one or two good images bigger if possibel).

Does the canon or FZ20 resist waterfall spray/ slight water splashing or can I get housing for these cameras?

Another option is waiting for FZ7,possible good movie mode as in the canon, and maybe better images.

Thanks for advice

Muchas gracias!

Julian Flavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:43 PM   #2

For example photos you can search this site.. a user database of hundreds of cameras.. thousands of photographers.. millions of photos.

I own the S2.. Others that own it seem to use it outdoors a lot, so I'm assuming it will take a bit of weather, and yes they make a waterproof housing. Ebay has tons of them.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote