Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:24 PM   #1

I am in the market for a new dslr and wondering what your guys' opinions on the new nikon d200 is. Steve has yet to get a review and i'm getting anxious. any comments on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:38 PM   #2

The D200 is suppose to be a very good semi-pro DSLR.I think DC resourcing has a review of it. Reading off the specifications sheet I have:

5 fps, 10.2 mp's, .15 sec startup, 50ms shutterlag, 1,800 images per battery, smart battery that will give fuel gauge (%) , 2.5 LCD ISO 3200, 1/8000sec top shutter, 830g without batteries, RAW+JPEG record mode, 157 fine JPEGS on a 1 gigabyte card, APS-C,1.5x crop, 3,872x2,592 maximum pixel dimensions, .94x viewfinder magnification, 95% viewfinder frame coverage.

I have read that there was an issue with a unusal form of banding, but this has been solved on the current production models. If your a canon fan, though, canon's replacment for the 20D is expected to be very close to the D200, so you may want to wait.
Homer J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:50 PM   #3

dpreview, epinions.com. i love my d200. reading reviews on lenses are extremely necessary. not all lenses are created equal.
jazzin junkshun is offline   Reply With Quote